Re: Sierra Wireless EM9191 integration issues in mhi+wwan

HI Aleksander, Thomas,

On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 at 12:04, Aleksander Morgado
<aleksander@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey Thomas,

> > > Are you testing this with qmicli + mbimcli + ModemManager? And if so,
> > > are you running the qmicli/mbimcli commands with the "-p" option in
> > > order to always use the intermediate qmi-proxy/mbim-proxy? I'd
> > > suggest
> > > to always do that to avoid having multiple processes talking to the
> > > ports at the same time.
> > >

> > In first, I'm testing with qmicli/mbimcli commands with the "-p" option
> > in order to always use the intermediate qmi-proxy/mbim-proxy that that
> > I run in debug mode beforehand.
> >

> Ah, nice, that helps to clarify. When using the proxies, there should
> be always one single process accessing the ports.

> > > Is the log after the warm reboots similar to the one I showed in my
> > > first email, i.e. with the 2 reported "firmware crashes"? Or does it
> > > look totally different?
> >
> > After warm reboots, we observe no explain message indicating an error,
> > but we use an old firmware version.
> >

> Ok.
>
> > > And, do you always see the module booting properly on cold boots? Or
> > > do you see failed boots like the one i showed in my first email?
> >
> > The module doesn't always booting properly, you see failed boots like
> > the one you showed.
>
> This is good, because it confirms that our fully different platforms
> running the same kernel driver show the same symptoms. So it shouldn't
> be an issue of the platform, it's likely either the driver or the
> module firmware.

So it looks like the device is not in the state expected by MHI core,
not sure however if it's a bad interpretation of MHI implementation or
a specific issue in that firmware. Maybe one thing you could try is to
call mhi_soc_reset(); msleep(1000); just after
mhi_register_controller() in pci_generic probe() function... it is
supposed to hard reset the modem CPU, and maybe getting it in better
shape?

Regards,
Loic

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]