Re: [Ksummit-discuss] [MAINTAINERS SUMMIT] & [TECH TOPIC] Improve regression tracking

On Wed, Jul 05, 2017 at 11:52:19AM -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> > So take Carlos's advice, start small, do it for your subsystem if you
>
> Yes, lets start small. What do you think about all reproducers getting
> into selftests? If it's not 100% reproducing, then it's up to the
> individual, but any test that can trigger a bug 100% should be added.

That would be great.  One could argue that we should be adding the
"stack guard" testing apps to the selftest tree now, as a number of us
have them floating around in their test directories at the moment.

> I'd like to expand selftests to include configs too. If there's a
> config that triggers a bug, that should be added to a list of "configs"
> to be tested as well.

So a test needs a specific configuration?  We need a way to specify that
in a generic fashion so that all tests don't have to duplicate that
logic.  Time to write a helper function to parse /proc/config.gz :)

thanks,

greg k-h