Re: Odd hang on suspend and shutdown

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 3:31 PM, Samuel Ortiz <sameo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The pn544 mei support was added with 3.10 iirc, so starting from there
> your pn544* modules have been most likely automatically loaded.

I no longer had a 4.1 kernel (with all the bisecting I had pruned away
old kernel builds), but booting into a distro kernel shows that in
4.0.6, the pn544 modules do get loaded, and suspend/resume works fine.

.. and that also explains why I had it enabled in my .config. It would
have been picked up by "make localmodconfig".

> If the pn544 probed correctly you will see a /sys/class/nfc/nfc0 entry.

Yes, that shows up in 4.0.6. It does not show up in my modified
4.2-rc1 kernel that dropped the UUID.

I'll go and test the plain revert case.

               Linus