Re: Odd hang on suspend and shutdown

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 9:07 AM, Samuel Ortiz <sameo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I suppose you were not seeing this issue on e.g. a 4.1 kernel (assuming
> this is not a brand new laptop) ?

Nope, 4.1 is fine. This is my travel laptop for the last almost two
years. Best laptop I've ever had (I like them small and light).

> If that's the case, is any of the pn544* kernel modules loaded when
> running on top of a good kernel ?

So it doesn't show up in lsmod, but presumably the module got loaded
and then errored out or something. The mei and mei_me modules are
loaded, nut no pn544_mei.

I'm not even sure why it's in my configuration, because I tend to try
to keep those small, and my config was generated (long ago) with "make
localmodconfig", but maybe there's something non-obvious that brought
it in. Presumably that pn544 module was loaded at _some_ point in the
past.

I just tested, and loading it manually with "modprobe pn544_mei"
doesn't seem to do anything bad.  I can still suspend with a good
kernel. So it's not just about loading the module, there's some other
interaction going on.

                     Linus