Odd hang on suspend and shutdown

On my Sony VAIO Pro 11 laptop, commit c93b76b34b4d ("mei: bus: report
also uuid in module alias") seems to cause problems at suspend and
shutdown.

In particular, reverting just the oneliner to drivers/nfc/pn544/mei.c
seems to fix things for me. The bisection was a pain, because it took
me forever to realize that it was that one-liner that caused it: I had
initially undone that one line simply because it didn't compile with
it in place (complaints about MEI_NFC_UUID not being constant). So I
continued to bisect with the fix unintentionally in place.

So just removing the MEI_NFC_UUID entry from the pn544_mei_tbl[] array
initialization makes things work for me again.

The symptoms are just a hard hang at suspend or shutdown.

This is a pretty regular Intel-only laptop, running Fedora 22.

Any ideas?

                    Linus