Re: Single purpose

El Sábado, 15 de Julio de 2006 15:04, Scott Taylor escribió:
> Hello admins,
>
> I have a client that wants a workstation that can do only one thing:
> connect a browser to a website and that is all.  Only the one website too.
>  I'm thinking something with Squid, maybe, or some IPTables entry, on a
> stand alone workstation (probably CentOS).
>
> Does that sound do-able?
Yes of course
> Any suggestions?
Reasemble some kind of live distro, not just CentOs, like knoppix or Gentoo
Live DVD. Remove default gateway and add the name resolution of your webpage
to /etc/hosts, and of course add route just only for this webpage.

I use to do it on my systems, and for me like other people suggest, a DVD4.3GB
is enough, no hard drive involved. or PXEBoot if you are on some kind of lan.

:)
--
Gustavo Guillermo Pérez
Compunauta uLinux