Re: NFS & autofs problem

On Thursday 10 March 2005 10:00 Luca Ferrari's cat walking on the keyboard
wrote:

> Hi,
> I've got two machines that exports the user's homes and other dirs with
> NFS, and the clients mount them via automount.
> I've configured the client so that they can mount a directory from the main
> machine (main) or from the backup one (backup) if the main is not working.
> In other words, here there's an example of a client /etc/auto.home
>
> * main,backup:/export/home/&
>

> The problem, instead, is that clients are mounting directories from main
> and backup at the same time. In fact, I've shared another disk space,
> called shared, which autofs config file contains:
> * main,backup:/export/shared/home/&
>
> but when a user connects to a client, what happens is that the homes are
> mounted from main, while shared from backup. Now, I cannot see any
> difference in the configuration file, thus I cannot solve the problem. Any
> idea about it?

I solved the problem of the client mount thru weights, thus changing the
configuration file of the client in one like the below:
* main(0), backup(10):/export/home/&

produces the right mount of the main machine and, if it is not available, of
the backup one. However, I still don't know how to make the backup machine
mounting the main one, instead of its local copy. Here the weights are not
working.

Luca

--
Luca Ferrari,