NFS & autofs problem

Hi,
I've got two machines that exports the user's homes and other dirs with NFS,
and the clients mount them via automount.
I've configured the client so that they can mount a directory from the main
machine (main) or from the backup one (backup) if the main is not working. In
other words, here there's an example of a client /etc/auto.home

* main,backup:/export/home/&

Now, I've got a question and a problem. The above file is valid also on the
backup machine, that means I'd like the backup machine to mount directories
from the main host, so that directories are always coming from one point.
Nevertheless, the backup host mounts directories from itself, even if the
auto.home is like the above. So the question is, how can I force the backup
host to mount directories from main, and then from backup if main is down?

The problem, instead, is that clients are mounting directories from main and
backup at the same time. In fact, I've shared another disk space, called
shared, which autofs config file contains:
* main,backup:/export/shared/home/&

but when a user connects to a client, what happens is that the homes are
mounted from main, while shared from backup. Now, I cannot see any difference
in the configuration file, thus I cannot solve the problem. Any idea about
it?

Thanks,
Luca
--