DNS "named" question

Hello,

This question is more like hitting in the dark, I guess.

We have a primary and secondary DNS server. Twice or thrice so far since
"named" automatically failed. Eg. on those times, I simply typed
"/etc/rc.d/init/named restart" It showed "STOP - FAILED", "START - OK",
after which things were normal.

I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers what could cause "named"
to be down automatically simultaneously on both primary and secondary DNS
servers.
Individually each of the servers function properly. So, there should be
some event (which got unlogged) which trigerred both servers to shut down
"named"?

There was nothing abnormal in the log files. Also, "named" was down on
both primary and secondary DNS servers on each occasion.

Thanks
Tony

-