Re: cdrom and multisession

On Tuesday 24 August 2004 18:11 Scott Taylor's cat walking on the keyboard
wrote:

Hi Scott,
I'm not asking you to do my homework, just a suggestion.

> Use a rewritable aproach?

I believe this will imply to dump the original content, add the new and
rewrite it all. If so, I don't like it, otherwise please explain what you're
thinking about.

> > Otherwise, how can I iterate automatically on all the session of a cd to
> > search for a specific file?
>

> How can you write a program if you don't know how to use a loop to iterate
> through a set or increment an integer to a maximum value?

Who said that? Do you think I'm not able to iterate other a set of values? Did
you understand that from my e-mail address?

> First you'll need to know the number of sessions on your CD, or make your
> program guess with an 'or die' (or equiv) if mounting fails.

That's what I was thinking. Imagine I've got a cd in the driver, and I don't
know how many sessions are there in the cd, but I know that the cd contains,
in one of the session, a file I want to read. What I was asking here is if
there is a way to know how many session are present, thus to easily iterate
without making my program to try mounting the cd and stopping at the first
fail, to reach the file I'm looking for. I'd like to do this in bash.

>Not really quite sure what you are trying to ask us here.

If you don't know the answer, please don't post.

Luca

--
Luca Ferrari,
fluca1978@xxxxxxxxxxx