Re: About PPTT find_acpi_cpu_topology_package()

ACPI Processor ID valid just means that there is an associated processor container entry which has a UID which matches the ACPI Processor ID for this node.

I can't see anything to say that if the ACPI Processor ID valid flag is unset then the ACPI processor ID itself is not still a valid identifier. As such, it's implied that it is still valid. But the spec should be clarified here.

I see what your saying here, but I think the implication is that no useful information is contained in the field when its not marked valid. "The flags field (...) includes a bit to describe whether (this field) is valid"

OK, right. So I think that the wording can be improved in the spec, specifically around the meaning in ACPI Processor ID valid.

Make sure your looking at ACPI 6.3+ because its a lot cleaner than the earlier revisions, particularly around the leaf node case.

So you have something newer than https://uefi.org/sites/default/files/resources/ACPI_6_3_final_Jan30.pdf?

.

So my FW colleague tells me that they tried adding processor containers for hierarchy components, but the kernel complained. I don't know the specifics. I need to follow up on that.

Do I see this, which we could refer to:

https://github.com/tianocore/edk2-platforms/blob/master/Platform/ARM/JunoPkg/AcpiTables/Dsdt.asl#L36

Any more pointers as references would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John