Re: About PPTT find_acpi_cpu_topology_package()

Hi,

On 2/13/20 8:33 AM, John Garry wrote:
On 13/02/2020 14:00, Sudeep Holla wrote:
On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 11:52:09AM +0000, John Garry wrote:

[...]

Hi Sudeep,

As for when it's not set, it's unclear. My understanding is that the ACPI processor id should still be used as the non-leaf node identifier, but it
would not match a UID for a processor container (as it may not exist).

I can't infer anything that matches your understanding from the spec in
this regard. If it's not set, then it is left to OSPM.

ACPI Processor ID valid just means that there is an associated processor container entry which has a UID which matches the ACPI Processor ID for this node.

I can't see anything to say that if the ACPI Processor ID valid flag is unset then the ACPI processor ID itself is not still a valid identifier. As such, it's implied that it is still valid. But the spec should be clarified here.

I see what your saying here, but I think the implication is that no useful information is contained in the field when its not marked valid. "The flags field (...) includes a bit to describe whether (this field) is valid"

Make sure your looking at ACPI 6.3+ because its a lot cleaner than the earlier revisions, particularly around the leaf node case.