Re: [RFC 00/15] ACPI graph support

On 11/10/16 01:05, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 7:20 PM, Sudeep Holla <sudeep.holla@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

[...]

Well, maybe they should have talked to the upstream before
shipping the product with that table?  Failing to do so is like
jumping to a pool from a tower without checking how much water is
there in it in the first place ...

Really ? I admit that I like this response and your stance here and
I definitely support it but I have seen quite a few cases which
tells me otherwise.

Was I involved in any of those?

No I wasn't referring to any particular case here. What I meant is we
have quite a few hacks/workarounds even on x86 for various reasons like:
other OS works, the product is shipped and firmware can't be fixed, and
so on. We might encounter similar situations even with DSD in future and
hence my worries.

--
Regards,
Sudeep