Re: sony-laptop on VAIO TT help request

Il 01/07/2011 11:50, Norbert Preining ha scritto:
Hi Marco,

On Fr, 01 Jul 2011, Marco Chiappero wrote:
http://www.absence.it/vaio-acpi/source/patches/

could you please provide us your DSDT and the exact model string of your TT?

I looked a bit through the patch and I see that it is restricted
to MM and (forgotten the model number).

MM? What does it stand for?

I have a VGN-Z11 which has
also a turn on/off optical drive, a shock sensor etc.

This last one is interesting because, from the other DSTDs I have seen, I suspect your notebook to have handle 0x0113, an handle that allows to enable/disable an unknown feature, is it the HDD protection?

(btw, I also take care for the sony-laptop-zseries variant of the
kernel module where you can turn off and on the nvidia card,
and also the led of the speed-stamina switch is controlled.

This is interesting too. Ok, let's not speak about the multiplexer methods, let us speak about handle 0x0128, related to the Hybrid GFX feature. I have never done a deep analysis, maybe you can help here. First of all, newer VPCZ1 models come with a few more methods, dealing with the screen brightness level, HSC5, HSC6, HSC7. Then: - HSC0 returns the event reason (1 switch position change? what about 2,3,4?)
- HSC1 returns some state bits (what about their meaning?)
- HSC2, HSC3, HSC4?

Moreover:

 Field (ECF2, ByteAcc, Lock, Preserve)
        {