sony-laptop on VAIO TT help request

G'day all,

I have a sony Vaio TT notebook. It works reasonably well with the sony-laptop kernel module excepting the following items

- No control over the optical drive power state
- No control over the "battery care" function in the embedded controller
- No control over the "quick charge" function

All three of these functions are sub-functions of the SNY6001 method call, just the same as the rfkill functions.

I've reverse engineered all three of them with the assistance of some damaged windows drivers and software. I'd like to add these functions into the sony-laptop module, but I've absolutely no idea where to start.

I can use the rfkill code as a working example to get me started on getting access to the required bits in ACPI, so I suppose I need some targeted questions to get any usable response.

1) The optical power functions are completely different from the current implementation (where specific method calls are made). I can't really figure out the best way to make the function I need have the same interface as the legacy functions "cd-power" sysfs file. Advice or ideas would be welcome.

2) Is there any precedent for how I might attempt to implement an interface to the battery care and quick charging functions?

Quick charge is easy, it's just a boolean, but the battery care is a bit more curly. On my machine it's relatively easy. It has 4 settings (off, 50%, 80%, 100%) and various combinations of bits make it behave the same way. On off is just the LSB of the control byte, however the user space application leads me to believe there may be the possibility of individually setting these bits on batteries in machines that have more than one. I don't really want to paint myself into a corner, but then I don't really know what I'm doing anyway.

It would help _heaps_ if someone with a vaio that has (A) The battery care function, and (B) more than one place a battery can plug in, could send me a DSDT to examine.

Help, ideas or advice more than welcome.

Regards,
Brad