RE: thermal: Avoid CONFIG_NET compile dependency

Hi Thomas,

> I think a generic thermal netlink interface can get
> implemented separately, best without looking at any specific
> driver implementation.

By generic interface, I understand, any thermal related driver,
Should be able to use it, by sending netlink events with a
Originator of the event, and the type of the event(as we discussed
earlier, this type is one in the enum..)

We can add more details, to the enum and enhance the generic netlink
Interface.

The problem I see is, how do we get a unique originator id,
for every thermal driver that wants to send events, unless it
registers with the thermal framework?
Some thoughts:
1. We should define a list of originators as an enum(like event_type)
2. Just use the get_id function(to generate unique ids) from thermal framework
   without registering with it.

Kindly let me know your thoughts on this.

> Best would be to revert the current patch and send a more generic
> implementation with at least these in CC (or other lists maintaining
> drivers who might make use of it):
> platform-driver-x86@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> linux-pm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Then people can bring in their needs and eventually
> come up with code making use of it.

I can do the cleanup, once we finalize how to go about it.

Thanks,
Durga

ÿô.nlj·Ÿ®‰­†+%ŠË±é¥Šwÿº{.nlj·¥Š{±ý¶›¡Ü}©ž²ÆzÚj:+v‰¨þø®w¥þŠàÞ¨è&¢)ß«a¶Úÿûz¹ÞúŽŠÝjÿŠwèf