Re: thermal: Avoid CONFIG_NET compile dependency

On Tuesday, January 25, 2011 05:47:56 AM R, Durgadoss wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
> If we make the coretemp register with the thermal framework, we have to modify
> the sysfs _store and _show functions a bit. Hence, the coretemp people were not
> very happy with the idea of making coretemp register with the thermal framework.
> So, I just added support to the core thresholds, and when current
> temperature crosses them, it sends a netlink event.
Can you give a pointer to this discussion if there is any.

I think a generic thermal netlink interface can get
implemented separately, best without looking at any specific
driver implementation.

Best would be to revert the current patch and send a more generic
implementation with at least these in CC (or other lists maintaining
drivers who might make use of it):
platform-driver-x86@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
linux-pm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Then people can bring in their needs and eventually
come up with code making use of it.

   Thomas