Re: a problem about the two patches in bug 10724 & 11428

Hi Yakui,

Zhao Yakui wrote:
If you _disable_ EC GPE or not enable it in first place, EC(hardware) will be working in
poll mode. So, there is no spare code to clean up, sorry.
Not understand what you said.
It seems to be not my problem...
After your three patches hit the upstream kernel, the EC GPE is still
enabled when EC timeout happens. In such case when EC is accessed, EC
will work in polling mode. At the same time EC GPE interrupt still can
be triggered.
One of my patches adds option to not enable EC GPE (ec_intr=0), so it is
possible to run EC driver in hardware poll mode, and all the code for such
operation is needed. I do not know how to say it in simpler terms, sorry.
If it is still unclear, please consult with Len... Regards,
Alex.