Re: a problem about the two patches in bug 10724 & 11428

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 10:46 +0400, Alexey Starikovskiy wrote:
> Zhao Yakui wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 00:59 +0400, Alexey Starikovskiy wrote:
> >> Alexey Starikovskiy wrote:
> > Hi, Alexey
> >     In this patch after the EC timeout happens, the EC_FLAGS_GPE_MODE of
> > ec->flags will be clear and EC_FLAGS_NO_GPE bit will be set. But the EC
> > GPE won't be disabled again. Right?
> Right
> >     In such case when  EC is accessed, EC will work in polling mode. At
> > the same time EC interrupt still can be triggered. But the
> > EC_FLAGS_GPE_MODE can't be set again. Right?
> Almost. EC by itself (hardware device) still will be working in its
> "optimized gpe mode" as before, but EC driver (software) will be working in poll mode.
> Regards,
If EC always works in such mode, it seems that we can make EC work more
simply.
If so, a lot of source code in EC will be useless and we can do a
cleanup. After this, the EC driver will be easier to understand. When
new problems appears, we can easily identify the root cause.

Thanks.
   Yakui