Re: 32-bit versus 64-bit ACPI tables

>From: Armin Wolf <W_Armin@xxxxxx>
>the ACPI specification says that the integer length for _both_ DSDT and SSDT tables
>is controlled by the revision field of the DSDT, so your 32-bit DSDT prevents your
>SSDT from using 64-bit integers.

I see you are correct.  The ACPI Spec 6.5 explicitly states as much.

>The only solution for this would be to not use 64-bit values inside your SSDT, is
>there a reason why you absolutely need 64-bit integers in your DSDT?

It would be a convenience to encode a 64-bit match value in _ADR (for example, while
using acpi_find_child_device).  However, I can certainly use other attributes and walk
the child nodes myself.  In other cases, where I really want a 64-bit mask, I can resort
to an array, or distinct named fields.  It just seemed unnecessarily awkward.  I think
the real solution, as painful as it may seem, is to get our firmware team to switch to
ComplianceRevision 2 for the DSDT.

Thanks for your insights!