RE: ACPI home page updates

>>http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/howto.html
>>retain, but maybe a good idea to note that the
>>newest of these documents is 2 years old...
>[[Yu, Ling L]] Done

heh, I guess we can delete the phrase "Recently published" as well:-)
probably also a good idea to put the red warning at the top
of the page like you did on other pages,
rather then at the bottom.

>>http://acpi.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php
>>
>>This looks extremely stale and I'm inclined to delete it.
>>But I'd like some feedback from the list on
>>1. Is there anything there that isn't covered elsewhere?
>>2. is a Wiki necessary?  (lesswatts.org will not have one)
>
>[[Yu, Ling L]] I removed the urls from the web pages, but keep
>the content in the server. If there is anything useful, we can
>find it back.

sounds good.

>>http://acpi.sourceforge.net/validation/index.html
>>
>>Verify that contents are intact at new site, and delete old copy.
>[[Yu, Ling L]] Done, but some urls at lesswatts don't point to
>the correct places:
>"testplan.html" should be
>"http://acpi.sourceforge.net/validation/ACPI_TestPlan.htm";
>"Test Framework" should be
>"http://acpi.sourceforge.net/validation/test_framework.htm";
>"Download" should be
>"http://acpi.sourceforge.net/validation/testcases/";

yes, the links on lesswatts look broken.
I'll read through that web site and get back to you and Noel
on the issues -- I've seen a few broken links on my last scan....

When we are done, the links are supposed to point to contents on
lesswatts,
not point to content on sf.net.

>>http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/index.php
>>
>>As I've made clear by now, I believe the existence of the DSDT
>>database works AGAINST our cause, not FOR it.  However,
>>I think this database should to be retained for historical reference
>>and labeled with the proper warnings.
>[[Yu, Ling L]] I added the warning to the DSDT pages and made
>them be read-only by disabling the submit button.

okay, thanks.

-