RE: ACPI home page updates

Hi, Len
I finished all update I can do; please see my comments as below.
Feel free to tell me if you would like do any other changes.

Thanks
-Ling

[[Yu, Ling L]] Done

>maybe "Documentation" should be re-named "Legacy Documentation"...

[[Yu, Ling L]] Done

>http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/index.html
>Warn again that this is legacy documentation.

[[Yu, Ling L]] Done

>http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/alarm.html
>retain, but warn that /proc/acpi is being replaced
>by interfaces in /sys and new software should not
>look in /proc.
[[Yu, Ling L]] Done

>http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/blacklist.html
>delete -- this blacklist is stale -- the one copy
>of the truth is the list in the kernel source.

[[Yu, Ling L]] Done

>"FAQ (extern)" link
>delete
[[Yu, Ling L]] Done

>http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/howto.html
>retain, but maybe a good idea to note that the
>newest of these documents is 2 years old...

[[Yu, Ling L]] Done

>http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/processor.html
>retain, but warn that /proc/acpi is being replaced
>by interfaces in /sys and new software should not
>look in /proc.
[[Yu, Ling L]] Done

>http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/sleep.html
>retain, but warn that /proc/acpi is being replaced
>by interfaces in /sys and new software should not
>look in /proc.
[[Yu, Ling L]] Done

>http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/thermal.html
>retain, but warn that /proc/acpi is being replaced
>by interfaces in /sys and new software should not
>look in /proc.
[[Yu, Ling L]] Done

>http://acpi.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php
>
>This looks extremely stale and I'm inclined to delete it.
>But I'd like some feedback from the list on
>1. Is there anything there that isn't covered elsewhere?
>2. is a Wiki necessary?  (lesswatts.org will not have one)

[[Yu, Ling L]] I removed the urls from the web pages, but keep the content in the server. If there is anything useful, we can find it back.

>http://acpi.sourceforge.net/download.html
>
>delete
[[Yu, Ling L]] Done

>http://acpi.sourceforge.net/validation/index.html
>
>Verify that contents are intact at new site, and delete old copy.
[[Yu, Ling L]] Done, but some urls at lesswatts don't point to the correct places:
"testplan.html" should be "http://acpi.sourceforge.net/validation/ACPI_TestPlan.htm";
"Test Framework" should be "http://acpi.sourceforge.net/validation/test_framework.htm";
"Download" should be "http://acpi.sourceforge.net/validation/testcases/";

>http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/index.php
>
>As I've made clear by now, I believe the existence of the DSDT
>database works AGAINST our cause, not FOR it.  However,
>I think this database should to be retained for historical reference
>and labeled with the proper warnings.
[[Yu, Ling L]] I added the warning to the DSDT pages and made them be read-only by disabling the submit button.

>I would advocate that it become read-only, but others may disagree.

>delete
[[Yu, Ling L]] Done

>http://acpi.sourceforge.net/links.html
>
>this one is nearly all stale.
>is there anything here that is still useful that isn't on
>thew new page?
[[Yu, Ling L]] I removed the urls from web page, but keep the content on the server in case anyone feels it useful.

>(BTW. I want to create a new page for pmtools rather than
> having it in my home directory on kernel.org)
[[Yu, Ling L]] What do you think add a page labeled "PM tools" below the "Overview" label and put all pmtools on the server of sf.net?

>http://acpi.sourceforge.net/contact.html
>
>webmaster is the only unique contact for this page,
>everything else should be on the new site.
[[Yu, Ling L]] Done

-