ACPI home page updates

Yu-Ling,

Now that the new Linux/ACPI project home page is up at
http://www.lesswatts.org/projects/acpi/, and MAINTAINERS
points to it, it is time to update the legacy home page.

The principle of "two copies of the truth" tells us that
we should delete the redundant info from the old page
and refer to the (properly maintained) new one.

However, we should retain (and properly label) the
content on the old page that will continue to live there.

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/index.html

replace all content with this text:

"The Linux/ACPI project home page has moved to
http://www.lesswatts.org/projects/acpi/.
This legacy home page contains only legacy information
that is useful for historical reference."

maybe "Documentation" should be re-named "Legacy Documentation"...

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/index.html
Warn again that this is legacy documentation.

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/alarm.html
retain, but warn that /proc/acpi is being replaced
by interfaces in /sys and new software should not
look in /proc.

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/blacklist.html
delete -- this blacklist is stale -- the one copy
of the truth is the list in the kernel source.

"FAQ (extern)" link
delete

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/howto.html
retain, but maybe a good idea to note that the
newest of these documents is 2 years old...

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/processor.html

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/sleep.html

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/thermal.html
retain, but warn that /proc/acpi is being replaced
by interfaces in /sys and new software should not
look in /proc.

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php

This looks extremely stale and I'm inclined to delete it.
But I'd like some feedback from the list on
1. Is there anything there that isn't covered elsewhere?
2. is a Wiki necessary?  (lesswatts.org will not have one)

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/download.html

delete

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/validation/index.html

Verify that contents are intact at new site, and delete old copy.

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/index.php

As I've made clear by now, I believe the existence of the DSDT
database works AGAINST our cause, not FOR it.  However,
I think this database should to be retained for historical reference
and labeled with the proper warnings.

I would advocate that it become read-only, but others may disagree.

delete

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/links.html

this one is nearly all stale.
is there anything here that is still useful that isn't on
thew new page?

(BTW. I want to create a new page for pmtools rather than
 having it in my home directory on kernel.org)

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/contact.html

webmaster is the only unique contact for this page,
everything else should be on the new site.

thanks,
-Len
-