Re: Oops removing thinkpad_acpi and video on git:linux-acpi-2.6

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Luca Capello wrote:
> Sorry, my fault.  It should be OK now.

I was afraid of that, the OOPs happens entirely after the thinkpad-acpi
module unloaded.

And we *did* unregister all notification functions in thinkpad-acpi, so it
might well be a problem in the ACPI core, and not thinkpad-acpi.

Please try again, this time do this beforehand (warning: will generate a lot
of debug output):

echo 0x4 > /proc/acpi/debug_layer
echo 0xfffffff > /proc/acpi/debug_level

Maybe we will be lucky and give us more info on what the ACPI layer is
calling that causes the oops.

You could also try adding a sleep() call of a second or so in
thinkpad-acpi's thinkpad_acpi_module_exit function, after the loop that
calls ibm_exit.  It is one of those ibm_exit calls that unregister the
notify handler for hotkey (the only one active in your thinkpad-acpi
install).  If it is a race, that might eliminate it and give us further
information.

  Henrique Holschuh
-