Re: [patch 02/14] ACPI: Atlas ACPI driver

On 8/18/06, Len Brown <len.brown@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 17 August 2006 03:48, Jaya Kumar wrote:
> On 8/16/06, Len Brown <len.brown@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Andrew,
> > Please delete this patch from MM -- it is stale.
> > Jaya, please send Andrew the newer patch that replaces it -- the one
> > that doesn't touch drivers/acpi.
> >
> > thanks,
> > -Len
>
> Hi Len,
>
> I had sent that on June 26 to everyone on the CC list. Archive link is here:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-acpi&m=115391161115058&w=2

that patch was an incremental depending on the previous patch.
Please send just the final patch vs 2.6.18-rc4  to the above, also cc: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Also, Dmitry had asked what we should do about handing ACPI errors to
> upper layers here:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-acpi&m=115392091425952&w=2

Dmitry has a good question and we need to iron it out for the general case.
I recommend that for your driver you simply do something like this for now:

if (ACPI_ERROR(status))
       status = -EINVAL

and get your driver into the mm tree to find the next problem.

Jaya,

If you could make the change Len was talking about and create a patch
against mainline I would apply it to my tree.

Thank you.

--
Dmitry
-