Re: Please help: ACPI not working on DELL Inspiron 1150

Ruslán Ledesma Garza wrote:

> There is no mailloop. I thought the mail hadn't reached the mailing list
> because no one had answered me anything.
This is a maillist, pleas do not expect, that you get an answer within
hours... I would say if you didn't get an answer within 2 days it's ok,
to ask again... But if you ask again, please do not just resend your old
email. Think about why nobody answered...

Sort of (for more information go to www.acpi.info)
> -If it is so where does it reside?
In the bios
> -I found a tutorial on how to "fix" the DSDT. They talked about loading
> the DSDT on startup through an image file. What does this mean?

The DSDT can be be replaced by the host OS a patch for this purpose can
be found at :
http://gaugusch.at/kernel.shtml.
In general it is not the right way to replace the DSDT. Linux should
work on any box without replacing the DSDT...

Greetings
   Janosch
-