Re: Please help: ACPI not working on DELL Inspiron 1150

There is no mailloop. I thought the mail hadn't reached the mailing list because no one had answered me anything.

I thought I could get some little help but it seems as if I'm not in the right place or no one seems interested in making ACPI work on some Dell laptops. From what I've researched, I've discovered this is not an isolated malfunction.

What I ask is some feedback. What should I do first in order to get this thing fixed?

Besides I've been asking a few questions which I feel have not been answered very well.
-Is the DSDT a firmware?
-If it is so where does it reside?
-I found a tutorial on how to "fix" the DSDT. They talked about loading the DSDT on startup through an image file. What does this mean?

If you think these questions should not be asked here or that their answers represent a waste of time, please please let me know.

My only aim is to make this work and help my fellow users of linux on a Dell laptop have a better linux experience.

Greetins
     Ruslán