Re: Applications in general; Emacs

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 11:09 PM, Alan Cox <gnomes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For the enter key check the termios setup carefully and see if you are
> getting \r and \n confused somewhere ?

Yes, it was expecting Ctrl-M but was getting Ctrl-J.  I'm afraid I'm
not really familiar with this stuff, is this a difference between the
terminal that ELKS emulates and the terminals that other systems
emulate?

I see that the editor calls cfmakeraw(), which the man page on my
Linux system says disables translation between CR and LF, but that
doesn't seem to be telling me whether I should get one or the other.
Am I getting Ctrl-J because arch/i86/drivers/char/xt_key.c does this
near the end of keyboard_irq()?

I also noticed that some keys like Home and End don't work, I guess
that the editor is not receiving the sequence of characters it
expects.  What is the best way to work out what it's going to receive?
 I'm struggling to find a standard for how key sequences are encoded
using ANSI, all the documents I could find want to tell me what
sequences I can *send to* the terminal!  I'm not finding it that easy
to follow the code in xt_key.c either.

I notice the editor also gets Ctrl-C and Ctrl-Z.  Should it?

Thanks in advance,
David