Re: Applications in general; Emacs

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 21:04:14 +0930
"David O'Shea" <dcoshea@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Alan Cox <alan@llwyncelyn.cymru> wrote:
> >> Are there any applications for ELKS which aren't in the source tree,
> >> and is there a directory anywhere of applications for ELKS?
> >
> > Lots of small apps will build fine. It's just another Unixalike after all.
>
> Oh yeah, it wouldn't be much fun if there wasn't any porting to do :)
> https://github.com/stangelandcl/ersatz-emacs/ wasn't too hard to get
> running, but it's a shame it doesn't recognize the enter key, I guess
> I will need to dig into some termcap stuff!

Nice. I think I need to see if I can get that to fit on FUZIX 8).

There are btw some goodl libraries of buffer management code. The Joe
editor has a very nice architecture for this although joe itself is too
big for a 16bit machine. Joe uses lists of gap buffers, allowing each gap
buffer to be moved to/from disk as needed.

For the enter key check the termios setup carefully and see if you are
getting \r and \n confused somewhere ?

Alan