Re: Condensing and re-coding programs to save space

On 2017-02-28 6:54 AM, Georg Potthast 2 wrote:
I have not tested it, but my understanding is that the Makefile puts different files on the floppy images depending on the type selected. So a 360 Kb image has fewer files than a 1.44 image. As long as the list of files for each format in the Makefile is maintained I think this would be sufficient for now.
The lists are really bad. Each individual Makefile in each program directory is responsible for deciding what binaries go into what disk image type. Adding a disk image type requires either making it a clone of one of the three "standard" types (thus full3 and full5 are both "full" types) or adding a new image type to every single Makefile in every program directory. This definitely needs to change.