Re: Condensing and re-coding programs to save space

The unit tests for networking that I grouped in /elkscmd/test should not be included in the default images (because "test"...), and would be removed in next commits to make room. But we should also provide a more convenient way to customize the image, for a developer to be able to quickly add them back when doing non-regression testing.

Today we have to modify the Makefile to include / exclude a program, 5 different targets for partial / full images, multiplied by the available image formats. Plus now a build_hd_image script that is not consistent (and IMHO, poorly designed as it unpacks an existing image to build another one, in place of building it directly).

Would be far better to follow the Buildroot / Busybox way, and to select the applets to be installed on the target in a single location. We already have a quite nice kernel configuration tool, why not using it for that selection and the choice of the image format ?

MFLD