Question on ELKS networking maturity

Hello all,

While implementing the Ethernet capability in ELKS in collaboration
with Georg, I am getting uncomfortable as we find more and more bugs
in the existing networking stack.

The latest finding is an incorrect management of the sequence numbers
in the TCP layer when accepting incoming connections.

I made the assumption at the beginning that ELKS was reasonably mature
on networking, but obviously I was wrong, and have to revise my
development plan.

So my question to the experienced ones that know the history: what was
the status of the networking features around 2015 ? Were the cmdlets
like httpd, tinyirc, telnet, etc, working with SLIP ? Or was it an
inactive (and so not exercised) part of the project ?

Thanks in advance to provide some background information here,

MFLD