Re: Cleaning up elkscmd and adding help text - Questions

On 3/27/15, Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Busybox is in relative terms huge - even some of the busybox utilities
> split standalone are oversized compared with other implementations.

Have you looked at other utility collections like Heirloom and Toybox?
 I read that Toybox is being developed by a former developer of
Busybox and that he is very interested in efficiency.  Would be very
curious how his idea of efficiency translates to a system like Elks.
I do know portability is not one of his areas of interest.

Also, it may be too basic, but sbase has an interesting take on some
utilities.  There's also pdclib as another alternative to uclibc.
It's not as complete, but there are some interesting optimizations
like with strstr using the railgun algorithm.

I found it interesting comparing the Fusix version of ls with the
Minix version.  Liked the removal of the large array to track
user/group.

Sincerely,
Laura
http://www.distasis.com/cpp