Re: Cleaning up elkscmd and adding help text - Questions

Hello,

I really wonder why you spend time on the ELKS userland... if I have a look to the sizes of uclibc and busybox on a 32 bits embedded system, built with BuildRoot, and with many features (threads, unicode, large files, etc) that have no sense on a 8086 architecture:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 mfld mfld 296704 19 mars  09:20 libuClibc-0.9.33.2.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 mfld mfld 633548 19 mars  09:20 busybox

Yes, it is still too large for a 1 MB address space, but don't you think it would be worth giving a try to reduce the uclibc and Busybox footprint, rather than doing the same job as the our friends ?

If I take the example of my 80188 system where I am playing with ELKS, I have 512 KB of Flash, so not so far from the current size of uclibc and busybox on my Cortex A8 system...

Regards,

MFLD