Re: ELKS Git repository up on SourceForge + patches applied

Mario Frasca wrote:
> I know there is a way to export a complete CVS repository with history
> to git as I did so recently for an other project also on sourceforge
> (csvjdbc), I can't remember much more than it was an extension to git,
> but google for it and you will surely find it.

I imported a big CVS repo into hg a little while ago. I think it wins
the award for the earliest timestamp on Sourceforge:

http://tack.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/tack/tack/log/4bea19e501ed

I bring this up because the CVS repository had lots of subtle
corruptions inside and I had to do a fair bit of manual tweaking before
it would import. (IIRC some files had been moved to Attic but there were
still outstanding pointers to the old files elsewhere.) To do this I had
to copy the whole repo database locally, rather than doing the import
directly from the remote server.

│ "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
│ telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out
│ how to use my telephone." --- Bjarne Stroustrup