Re: Problems with Smartlink Modem and Linux

Carl,

The comments here are in order of importance.
1) for now, simply stay with the 3.13.* kernels under which slam.ko
compiles and the modem/fax is functional.  There is no compelling
reason to switch to the 3.16.* kernels under which compiles are
failing.   When Ubuntu does an update to 3.16 kernels in the main
release, I'm be willing to address the code compilation issues.  There
is substantial chance that some of the fixes will have then been
found, because they will manifest in other modules.

2) Note that slamr does not use the standard serial ports.  Port
creation under Linux is now a dynamic process, initiated as the a
module is loaded.
For slamr,  the port is named /dev/ttySL0 (for single module installations)
Read the SmartLink related documentation output when scanModem is run
for more details.

3) When scanModem is run, one of the output files is ModemData.txt ,
which Antonio requested.  It would still be useful for you to send it
to the List.

MarvS