Re: Problems with Smartlink Modem and Linux

Carl

The problem is more difficult.  There is no "kmod-" line in
sl-modem-source code itself.
Thus the change seems to be in general module management, which is
kmod lines are found.
When Ubuntu does an upgrade to 3.16.* from the current 3.13* kernels,
I would be willing to work on it then.

But note that all my current PCs are 64 bit, while the slamr.ko which
you do need only compiles on 32 bit PCs, so we would have to interact.
In the meantime do check whether slamr.ko has infact compiled and
installed.

A query like that below should suffice

MarvS
$ find /lib/modules -lname slu*.ko
/lib/modules/3.13.0-52-generic/updates/dkms/slusb.ko
found slusb.ko, but not slamr.ko reported as expected. on my 64 bit
system with query:
$ find /lib/modules -name sla*.ko