Re: Install/Configuring LinModem on Fedora21

On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 10:05:20 -0500
Marvin Stodolsky <marvin.stodolsky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Concerning USB modems, they can be a solution.
> However it is commonly difficult to determine from a modem boxed,
> that the modem will be supported by the Open Source USB code present
> in all current Linux distributions.  Some USB modems once had Linux
> support, but the code owners ceased to do Linux updates.  As mentioned
> the USR brand modems are typically OK, if the box specifies Linux
> support.
>
> MarvS
>
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 7:36 AM, Brian G Burch <bgb1987@xxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > This is my first attempt at setting up a WinModem under Linux. I
> > have never tried doing this before.
> >

> > Brian Burch

Marvs,
The last kernel was 2.6.32-5-686 pae Debian Squeeze 6.0.10.
I have tried on debian wheezy 7.6 I cant tell you any errors since I
dont have Linux installed on the PC with the Agere SV92 modem but I'm
going to update my Wheezy Install iso in a couple of days and try it
also I have installed dkms.