Re: RE: Install/Configuring LinModem on Fedora21

I fought modem problems for a couple of years, and I found that Linux is a big strikeout for modems anymore - a shame since many older systems turn to Linux for a second life. However, I'm not responding to bombard anyone with my extreme annoyance at the shortsighted maintainers ( I came to praise Caesar, not to bury him ), but to explain two ways out of this morass:
1) A USB modem, cheap, though missing some features that I considered important I tried USR, worked ok.
2) Almost any HP printer/scanner/fax machine for full featured faxing (and all the other functions). They have Linux drivers that are pretty much full featured for all these functions and the equivalent of the Windoze drivers. They did a good job, and the machines are cheap.
The real answer would be functional modem support code, but either of the two above will get you by, depending on your needs.