Re: agrsm-tools.deb update.

Ian,

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Ian Smith <ismith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Marvin,
>
> Many thanks for your help.
>
> I followed your instructions and got:-
>
> [: 10: -ne: unexpected operator
>  These script shuts down support for Ethernet and Pcmcia and unloads
> Non-essential modules.
>  This is a pre-cautionary step when resource conflicts are suspected.
>  The script is obvious and can be easily modified should you choose to
> do so.
>
>  Should you wish to avoid shutdown actions,
>    Abort now with:     Ctrl-C
>    or to continue:    Enterread: 23: arg count
>
> There is an eth0, shutting it down
> Ignoring unknown interface eth0=eth0.
> ifdown: interface down not configured
>
> With retention of power sensor and mouse drivers,
> Initiating removals of unused modules with:
>    modprobe -r ModuleName
>
>    --  Action summary from file  Unload.txt ---
> MODULES_INITIAL=agrserial agrmodem binfmt_misc vboxnetadp vboxnetflt
> vboxdrv parport_pc ppdev vesafb snd_hda_codec_hdmi nvidia
> snd_hda_codec_realtek snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_hwdep joydev
> snd_pcm snd_seq_midi snd_rawmidi snd_seq_midi_event snd_seq snd_timer
> snd_seq_device snd psmouse soundcore sis_agp snd_page_alloc lp serio_raw
> uvcvideo videodev parport mos7840 usbserial video ahci sis190 libahci
>
>    modprobe -r   on:     agrserial binfmt_misc vboxnetadp vboxnetflt
> parport_pc ppdev vesafb snd_hda_codec_hdmi nvidia snd_hda_codec_realtek
> snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_hwdep joydev snd_pcm snd_seq_midi
> snd_timer snd soundcore sis_agp snd_page_alloc lp serio_raw uvcvideo
> mos7840 video ahci sis190 libahci

Need agrmodem too here.  Only agrserial is here.

> MODULES_FINAL=binfmt_misc vesafb snd_hda_codec_hdmi nvidia
> snd_hda_codec_realtek snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_hwdep snd_pcm
> snd_timer snd psmouse soundcore snd_page_alloc ahci libahci

Then both agrserial, agrmodem are not present, thus the command

ian@ian-laptop:~/Downloads/Unloading$ sudo wvdialconf wvtest.conf
fails :(

If it were to survive, this is when the computer freezes right?
(without running sudo ./unloading).

Regards,

Antonio