Re: exar PCI modem

Luca,

RE: 	Controller-based
"Controller-based" is NOT the same as "Controller Chipset"
The whole Class 0700 family were "Controller based", but NOT 0780
"Controller Chipset".

The functional distinct is that 0780 Controller Chipset modems do all
the signal processing on the Modem Card,
while for Controller-based modems, much of the processing is done on the CPU.

Read the SoftModem.txt for instructions for accessing Device
information under Microsoft.
It will be interesting to see the Info provided there under about the drivers.

I won't have time to examine the code until this evening.

MarvS