Re: exar PCI modem

Hi MarvS,
may be I explained poorly the situation.

>Incidentally compiled drivers are only useful for the particular kernel
> (resources), they were controlled with.

 Exar gave me the source code for the driver, not the binary. You can
find the file "xr17c15x.c" in the zip that I previously sent to you,
anyway I will attach here for reference.
I compiled the exar code using my kernel-compiled tree and that went fine.

 It installed ok.

 So it should work. Am I missing something?

 Luca

 Note: I'm NOT able to send you the source for the driver since the
linmodem mailserver bounces back to me all my attempts.

 You can download them at:

 http://www.exar.com/Common/Content/ProductDetails.aspx?ID=37