Re: Joe USA Kernel 2.6.32-29-generic Martian Driver

RE:>> Should I ignore the other "martian" files and proceed with the tar in

Yes indeed!
Following typical Debian/Ubuntu cussom package martian-modem installs
the  /usr/src/martian_modem (non-driver ) helper containing all the
closed source code,  and also the scripts written to the /etc/ files.
The martian-modem-source contains the code for compiling the
martian_dev driver.  If  will unpack into
/usr/src/modules/martian-modem/source/
Within the /usr/src/modules/martian-modem/source/   do
$ less Makefile
for understanding.  Then
$ sudo make clean
$ sudo make modules
$ sudo make install

Then you can proceed with modem testing.

Antonio, I was not aware that these two packages were now being
provided under Ubuntu.
Shortly I will update scanModem

MarvS