Re: Mehdi, Iran kernel 2.6.28-11-generic

Mehdi,

dkms is (dynamic kernel module support)
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DKMS

This DKMS (Dynamic Kernel Module Support) package
(http://linux.dell.com/projects.shtml#dkms) provides support for
installing supplementary versions of kernel modules. The package
compiles and installs into the kernel tree. Uninstalling restores the
previous modules. By default, installation is into the current kernel
tree, but any kernel tree can be selected with command-line options.
Furthermore, DKMS is called automatically upon installation of new
Ubuntu kernel-image packages, and therefore modules added to DKMS will
be automatically carried across updates.

Drivers are automagically updated if you update a kernel, say you have
nvidia driver and you have updated to newer kernel, the new
nvidia.ko(nvidia kernel module) will be created for you built against
your kernel sources and be ready to go without your manual
intervention.

Hope this helps,

Antonio