Re: Mehdi, Iran kernel 2.6.28-11-generic

Antonio,
   I'll write the following instruction into scanModem shortly

Mehdi

RE: SLMODEMD_gcc4.3_alsa1.0.18.tar.gz
Since you are using Ubuntu, it is better to use the Ubuntu package
providing slmodemd
 Download the package sl-modem-daemon.  Under Ubuntu it can be installed with:
$ sudo dpkg -i sl*/deb

Afterward the modem should be dectected by:
$ sudo wvdialconf

If successful use
$ sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
to add a line:
Carrier Check = no
and edit in your personal information.
Read the DOCs/Smartlink.txt for details.

Please send further questions to the List, not me directly.

MarvS