Re: Mehdi, Iran kernel 2.6.28-11-generic

RE:  sl-modem-src
This isn't needed, as the audio+modem driver is snd-hda-intel and is
included in the Linux distributions.

Only the slmodemd helper is needed, provided in the sl-modem-daemon package.
The including scripts should activate the modem on bootup, which you
can test with:
$ sudo wvdialconf  mytest
IF you merely do
$ sudo wvdialconf
your current /etc/wvdial.conf would be overwritten.  So be careful

Also do a test commenting out the:
Stupid Modem=yes

Your local phone company or Linux group may be able to provide
information on the optimal country code.
With installation of a sl-modem-dameon package, the COUNTRY
specification site is done with:
$ sudo gedit  /etc/default/sl-modem-daemon
with the default therein being:

SLMODEMD_COUNTRY=USA

MarvS