Re: Pat Weaver. New Zealand. kernel 2.2.35-25-generic

Start wvdial download from http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/wvdial
After download, start the  with:
$ sudo dpkg -i *.deb
and you will be informed if any dependent packages are necessary.

MarvS

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Antonio Olivares
<olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pat,
>
> At linmodems web page, there were packages for wvdial, but there seem
> to be none for maverick :(
>
> the latest one is for lucid:
> http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/wvdial_lucid_i386.zip
>
> Marv,
> Are there going to be wvdial packages for ubuntu maverick?
>
> With regards to the license, the package that you have gotten is
> limited to 14K, if you want higher speed, you may have to pay$, unless
> if you have a DELL Machine for which you can get a free driver. ÂRead
> carefully the file Conexant.txt in the Modem/ folder generated by
> scanModem.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio
>
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Pat Weaver <peejayw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Thank you for your fast reply, I must explain I am not well aquainted with
>> Linux!
>> I have followed your instructions and modem has been installed.
>> However when I entered sudo wvdialconf /etcwvdial.conf
>> I got
>> sudo wvdialconf: command not found
>> Also, there was something about entering the license, do I need to bother
>> about that?
>> Regards
>> Pat
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Pat,
>>>
>>> scanModem reports that your modem is supported through hsfmodem drivers
>>>
>>> Predictive Âdiagnostics for card in bus 00:1f.6:
>>> Â Â Â Modem chipset Âdetected on
>>> NAME="Modem: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM "
>>> CLASS=0703
>>> PCIDEV=8086:24c6
>>> SUBSYS=103c:3080
>>> IRQ=17