Re: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset HECI Controller

Adriano,

To see if your modem responds, it is not wvdial which you should use but wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf , always after having checked that the driver is loaded.

Your report of the attempt to run wvdial strongly suggest that either the driver is not running or you have forgotten to configure the modem with wvdialconf AFTER having started and BEFORE having stopped the driver.

Many people do that mistake and their reports look like yours.

Jacques