Re: Bill Moore, Canada kernel 2.6.32-25-generic

Bill,

You do have compiling sources ready as noted by scanModem:

 Versions adequately match for the compiler installed: 4.4.3
             and the compiler used in kernel assembly: 4.4.3

 The patch utility is needed for compiling ALSA drivers, and possibly others.

 Minimal compiling resources appear complete:
   make utility - /usr/bin/make
   Compiler version 4.4
   linuc_headers base folder /lib/modules/2.6.32-25-generic/build

 However some compilations and executable functions may need additional files,
 in the FileNames.h (so called kernel "h"eaders) collection installed
in  /usr/include/ .
 For martian_modem, additional required packages are needed. The also
required headers of package libc6 are commonly installed by default.
 Compiling hsfmodem drivers does require linux-libc-dev and libc6-dev
packages, for kernels 2.6.24 and later versions.
 In not included on your install CD, search for them at
http://packages.ubuntu.com
 or comparable Repository for other Linux distros.
 When compiling ALSA drivers, the utility "patch" will also be needed.

/end of scanModem quote.

When it asks where are your kernel sources, type the following:

v/lib/modules/2.6.32-25-generic/build

If you get error message post them and CC: to discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
and to "Support (Jonathan)" <modem.support@xxxxxxxxxxxx> who is the
expert in hsfmodem/hcfmodem issues.