Re: Compiling ltmodem under Fedora 13

 Jonathan and Antonio

Whatever the driver that scanModem will recommend, I downloaded two candidates, ltmodem-20100102.tar.gz as suggested by Antonio, and martian-full-20100123.tar.gz which would be my choice, and compiled them without any difficulty under my Fedora 13 64 bits machine which has no modem at all. martian went smooth, ltmodem has a language failure certainly easy to fix, probably because my gcc-4.4.4-10 is more strict than earlier releases/

In any case, Jonathan's initial difficulty is probably due to not having install what we usually know as "kernel sources". Two packages need to be installed in Fedora 13 in order to compile such loadable modules:
yum install kernel-headers
yum install kernel-devel

where the second contains what used to require the complete, very large, kernel sources.

Jacques